Happy Friday everyone! I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend, I am actually writing this at my own pace today, I usually get up early and pen this on a Friday morning with my breakfast before work but I have booked the day off as tomorrow is my birthday! :)
I have had a pretty chilled week this week, knowing I was only at work for 4 days always puts me in a relaxed mood, and we had our VW meet on wednesday which meant fish and chips on the seafront, it was a little chilly but the sun was shining and there were lots of vehicles to ogle over. I am hoping to continue the trend and have a chilled weekend, with a potential bicycle ride to the pub for lunch tomorrow, and a trip to IKEA is on the cards too. I think what I am looking forward to most is simply getting to enjoy a few days of relaxation and not worrying about work. It isn't often I truly get to switch that side of my brain off, but I am going to make a real effort this weekend. I am really hoping the weather will be on my side (because we all know relaxation is oh so much easier when the sun is out) but even if it isn't I shall make the most of the long weekend spending time with family and friends.
So, this week the following things have brought a satisfied little smile to my face:
- Managing to not snack on anything bad for me yesterday, obviously this weekend is going to be a complete wash out but I am so chuffed that I managed a whole day of just healthy meals.
- James attempted his first loaf in the bread maker this week, and although it wasn't perfect, it brought a smile to my face that he was trying.
- Making summer plans, little ideas of things to do keep cropping up in my mind and I am jotting them down. I can't wait to enjoy this summer.
- Yellow, It is fast becoming my favourite colour and at the moment I am surrounded by it.
- The little table and chairs I treated us to for the garden last week, I am planning to sit and eat my breakfast on the deck and enjoy the sunshine.
- Pancakes, I was always an american pancake kind of girl, but I have been converted to the Nutella Crepe world by this post. Can't stop eating them!
And this weekend I will be:
Reading: As many of the books I currently have on the go as possible, as it currently stands at 5 and I would like to finish a couple.
Watching: New Game of Thrones! I am really poor at watching when it is first shown and have an episode to catch up on.
Eating: Birthday cake :)
Doing: As little as possible!
I hope you have a great weekend :)